WATCH THIS SPACE
For tips, guidance, and overview on how to make your fundraising efforts and experience a powerful impact through the Ride for Life Chicago!
Ways to Ask
- Hone your story. Asking people to give involves you sharing why you ride, telling people what inspires you about our mission, and talking about the reasons, programs, or success stories that making a gift to the Ride for Life a gift to help save lives. Are you personally inspired by someone living with HIV? Is there a program at TPAN that moves you to be part of our effort? Did someone special invite you to this experience and inspire you to give back to our community? The answers to these questions and the reasons why YOU give your time, energy, and advocacy are the most compelling things in asking for donations.
- Set up your personal page! Your personal page in the Participant Center is your online platform for telling your story, communicating with friends, and monitoring your progress as you invite others to support our mission. Once you've set up your log-in and password, you'll check in here frequently by logging in from the Ride homepage. You can email friends, access templates and fundraising resources, and see who's donated so you can extend important thank-you's.
- Set your fundraising target! You declared a personal goal when you registered, and you can monitor and edit your goal in the Participant Center! Make sure your goal is aspirational and something to reach toward (consider aiming for Advocate Circle member level or higher). Your goal and personal page will help inspire donors to join you in the Ride for Life!
Ways to Give
We recommend you familiarize yourself with all the ways in which a donor or sponsor can make their contribution to the Ride for Life Chicago! Check out how to Get Involved as a Donor/Sponsor, and read about
- traditional one-time donations to a participant or team,
- pledged contributions with a monthly recurring gift over 2-12 months (which will be credited to your progress in FULL when active with a recurring payment!), and
- our NEW sponsorship program, with sponsor recognition benefits beginning at $500.
Next: Make a donation yourself! It's highly recommended that you make your own donation through your personal page (also called a "self-donation") to experience what your donors will see, read, and receive as their receipt and gift confirmation. You can become your own donor and give as many times as you like! Your ask for support is more compelling when you can say "would you join me with a donation or sponsorship?"
This year, ALL donors giving at a level of $500 or more will be recognized in our NEW sponsorship program. We will celebrate our supporters and thank them publicly with listings on our website, in email and digital/social promotions, and as our most generous advocates.